The Six-Figure Athletepreneur™
Hello, I’m Sean Sena. As of this writing, this is my tenth year practicing martial arts. Not ten years of “casual” training, but ten years of dedication, sacrifice and breakthroughs. Some know me to be “The JKD Man”, some know that I actually competed in fencing and kickboxing and some are aware that I have my foundation deeply rooted in the art of Wing Chun.
However, very few know about my beginnings and my Why.
If you know anything about my past, you will see that growing up, I was a sickly, weak and defenseless young boy. Of course, it will be difficult to imagine such a version of me today but it is the truth. Just ask any of my family members, relatives or close friends, and they will tell you what kind of a child and teenager I was growing up. I was often ill, physically weak and never could do any of the sports I loved properly — much less martial arts.
This void of inadequacy, inferiority and inability haunted and tormented me for more than a decade.
Then, very slowly and very gradually but significantly, this void turned out to be an unending source of resilience and inspiration for me. Through martial arts training in my late teens, I was able to refine my personality and character and cultivate myself into becoming a focused, disciplined and self-sufficient thinker. Bit by bit, I overcame my physical, mental and emotional limitations and conquered them altogether.
I look at my starting point, I look at my change and I look at my present and to all of those who say “I’m not talented”, “I don’t have potential” or “I don’t have a chance”, I will tell you that you are wrong. We all have a chance. If I could get from where I was — an impossible negative start — to overcoming my seemingly overwhelming boundaries within and without, for sure I know that you can, too.
You just need to give yourself a chance.
- Third-generation Bruce Lee student
- The world’s only Jeet Kune Do practitioner with competitive international fencing experience
- Singapore’s only professional & full-time Jeet Kune Do specialist
- Fully-certified Jeet Kune Do Instructor (Ted Wong Lineage)
- National Fencing Athlete (’14, ’16, ’17, ’18)
- Registered Épée Coach
- Nine years of dedicated expertise in Ip Man Wing Chun
- Official Branch Instructor, Singapore – International Jeet Kune Do
- Certified Level 3 Instructor of International Jeet Kune Do
- 2017/18 Singapore National Fencing Training Squad — Men’s Épée (Senior)
- 2016/17 Singapore National Fencing Training Squad — Men’s Épée (Senior)
- 2014 Top 8 Singapore National Ranking for Épée Fencing (Senior)
- National Coaching Accreditation Programme Theory Level One
- Standard First Aid
- Gold Medalist, 2014 Singapore Novices Fencing Championships — Men’s Épée Individual
- Gold Medalist, 2014 Asian Varsity Fencing Championships — Men’s Épée Team
- Gold Medalist, 2013 Simmons Fencing Masters Classic Championships — Men’s Épée Team
- Gold Medalist, 2013 Asian Varsity Fencing Championships — Men’s Épée Team
- Gold Medalist, 2013 Singapore Novices Fencing Championship — Men’s Épée Team
- 2014 第十八屆 中華民國 輔大盃 全國大專院校 擊劍邀請賽 — 男子銳劍團體 亞軍
- Silver Medalist, 2014 Malaysia MMU Fencing Championships — Men’s Épée Individual
- Silver Medalist, 2012 CJ Invitationals — Men’s Épée Individual
- Silver Medalist, 2014 Singapore Novices Fencing Championship — Men’s Épée Team
- Silver Medalist, 2012 Malaysia Swashbucklers Fencing Championships — Men’s Épée Team
- 2012 台中擊劍錦標賽 銳劍團體賽 — 第二名
- 2012 台中擊劍錦標賽 男子銳劍個人 — 第六名
- Bronze Medalist, 2012 NUS Fencing Challenge — Men’s Épée team
- Bronze Medalist, 2015 Y-Sparks International Fencing Cup — Men’s Épée Individual